Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Dycusburg From the Air

Several planes fly near Dycusburg during the day, but as no large commercial airport is near Dycusburg (Paducah is near, but not large), the planes are often at their cruising altitudes of 34,000 or 35,000 feet, more or less.

I was flying to Dallas earlier in the year on a US Airways flight, seated next to a pilot who was traveling as a passenger back to his home in Oklahoma. During the flight, he leaned over and said, "We are over Land Between the Lakes." I looked out, and lo and behold, I was able to figure out Dycusburg's location, following the river.

Attached is a photo similar to my view out the window. The flight I was on was more north, closer to Dycusburg. I recall another time I saw Eddyville when I was flying from Detroit to Memphis.

No comments: