Monday, November 3, 2008

Genealogy Query: James A. Wheeler Family

James A. Wheeler Family

My name is Ron Heil, I am looking for information about the James A Wheeler family of Marion Kentucky. My Grandmother was Lila Anne Wheeler. She was born to James A Wheeler and Annie M Wigginton on June 22,1881. From what I can discern she had a total of 4 brothers Albert Henry Wheeler born February 14 1869; John Robert Wheeler born January 27, 1866; Eddie B Wheeler born April 5 1873, but died when he was just 4; George Alexander Wheeler born September 5, 1873; died November 4 1876. I have a picture of my grandmother with her father, Uncle Albert and Uncle John. From what I can tell Annie ( or Anna) died when my grandmother was 1 a year old and my great-grandfather remarried to a Nannie K. Harris on the 18th of August 1886 in Clay Kentucky.

From my grandparents 50th anniversary article in the local paper my Grandmother was raised in Mt Vernon Illinois before moving to Greeley Colorado and living with her aunt and uncle Gladys and J Smith Johnson. About 10 years ago we passed through Marion and found a Wheeler Museum that had artifacts from the Wheeler family. I am looking to fill the gaps in the family history and would very much like to be in contact with any remaining family members in that area. I can be reached via e-mail at madron1@comcast.net. Thanks in advance for any information that I might be able to retrieve.

No comments: